BadCreditLoans.comDepends on Many Factors
- They Give Loans When Others Won't
- They Money is Transferred Quickly
- The Application is Short and Easy
- No Approval Fees
- F BBB Rating
- Website Doesn't Give Realistic Interest Rate(s)
What is BadCreditLoans.com?
BadCreditLoans is a Seattle Washington based lender network company started in 1998. They connect borrowers with potential lenders. Basically they’re a middle man that specializes in the subprime lending market. This is my honest BadCreditLoans review.
Their slogan is ‘we can help when others can’t’.
|Loan Amount||$450 (advertised $500)||$5000|
|Credit Score Requirements||Varies by State||No Maximum|
Is Bad Credit Loans legit?
Yes bad credit loans is legit. I have a friend that used them and they got him a loan when everyone else basically slammed the door in his face. They are the IMF of domestic lending.
A lender of last resort. Its important to emphasize ‘last resort’. While they advertise annual percentage rates (APRs) of 5.99%-19.99% the reality is interest rates can be much much higher.
Here’s the package my friend was offered:
In my friend’s words “That’s not just desperate money that’s someone’s about to break your legs money”
That sounds like the mob right? But hold on. The proper word to describe my friend’s credit isn’t one I can use on a family friendly website so lets just say his credit is very less than perfect. He had been turned down by everyone else including my first choice personalloans.com
So in other words they said yes when everyone else said no. In addition they do have the following disclaimer on their website:
Why do I see raving reviews of them?
I’m going to let you in on a little secret. A lot of reviews on the internet are paid reviews. The companies will give a commission to website owners for referring customers. Full disclosure: I also get a commission if someone applies for a loan through this site.
Commission is not bad thing either. It allows us to bring this information to you for free. Pretty much all independent financial websites work this way.
It does, however, create an incentive for some writers to possibly write better reviews than they otherwise would without the incentive.
An example of this is while researching for this article I noticed not one of the reviews I saw bothered to mention that BadCreditLoans BBB reputation is not good. They have a solid F rating.
Would you recommend BadCreditLoans?
I would recommend them only if you’ve exhausted your other options. I strongly advise anyone to try credit repair first if they have the money and the time to go through the process.
Related: Is Credit Repair Right for You
If you’ve tried that or just don’t have money or time to do credit repair (it costs between $300-$500 and takes 3-6 months to complete) then try [eafl id=”8″ name=”PersonalLoans.com” text=”PersonalLoans.com”] however their minimum credit score is 580.
Things to consider before applying
- The interest rate will be higher than an average loan
- You may be contacted by more than one lender
- The repayment terms can range from once a week to once a month
- Many of the loans come with ‘instant interest’ meaning regardless of how quickly the loan is repaid you’d still be on the hook for all of the interest of the full term of the loan.
Why BadCreditLoans may be the best option
- They say yes when others say no Good transparency on all fees, interest, and total cost(s)
- They’ve been in business since 1998 (20 years as of the time of this writing)
- Instant or near instant decision (most of the time an approval)
- Money is transferred to your account in as fast as one business day
- Apply on your own time 24 hours a day 7 days a week
- Easy qualifications
- Simple application
How to apply
Applying online is simple, and requires applicants to meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You must be an American citizen, or a permanent resident of the US.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have an income
- Own a checking account in your name.
What information to I need to provide in the application?
- Full name, contact information, date of birth and Social Security number
- Information from a photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport
- Credit type, why you want the loan and the amount requested
- Bank account information
- Income information including your employment or any other sources of income
How much does BadCreditLoans.com charge?
Badcreditloans.com is a lending broker the lenders pay to participate in their network. That’s how they are able to offer their services to you at no cost. That being said the lender will most likely charge you a finance fee in addition to the extremely high interest rate you can expect to pay.
The good news is, though, before you sign in the dotted line (well in this case click the ‘Accept’ button) they have to disclose all interest and fees that they are expecting you to pay including the total and complete amount that you’ll have to repay once you accept the agreement.
Is BadCreditLoans.com safe to use?
If the question is do they implement good safety precautions to make sure your information is not stolen by hackers the answer is yes.
The Website is tested and certified daily with McAfee and the website is McAfee SECURE™. The Website has passed all security tests conducted by McAfee which help protect the visitor from viruses, spyware, identity theft, and other threats online. We are fully committed to protecting your privacy. Our McAfee trustmark is authentic and updated in real time.
That being said your information may be sold to other lenders as a ‘lead’. That means you may get text messages, emails, and possibly phone calls from their sales associates.
You can request to stop receiving text messages by replying “END,” “QUIT” or “STOP” to the text message that you received. You can also be removed from their marketing lists by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you wish to be removed.