4000 Hollywood Blvd. Suite 555-S
Hollywood, FL 33021
How my auntie got out of 75k in tax debt
We all have that uncle in our family right? The serial entrepreneur that thinks they know everything and its just one step away from striking it rich. For me that uncle was my Auntie Cathy. She’s honestly an intelligent woman she just doesn’t stick to things. She’s currently on husband # 3…
It’s no surprise then that she didn’t keep up on her taxes. Whenever she got a job she’d always file exempt on her w-4. She would always say she had a plan where’d she’d have the money to pay the back tax ‘and then some!’
She ended up with 150,000 in tax debt and as you probably know it’s pretty much impossible to file bankruptcy on Uncle Sam. What’s worse is all the consumer protection laws that apply to most private collectors go out of the window when it comes to the government.
My uncle (at the time) advised her to call curadebt. They got the IRS to accept $10,000 out of $150,000 since it was clear she couldn’t repay that debt.
What is Curadebt?
Curadebt is a debt relief company that was established in 2000 and based out of Hollywood Florida. It was started by a team that had been helping people out in California since 1996. This is my honest curadebt review.
They offer debt settlement and tax debt relief services. I considered them when I was being rained on by a financial storm in 2008. Personally I chose National Debt Relief as I felt it was the best option for me because CuraDebt didn’t have a license to operate in my state (Texas) at that time.
That being said Curadebt would be an excellent choice and they charge about the same anyway.
Their tax team has over 100 years combined experience working on tax issues and over 83 years working for the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and state tax agencies.
Curadebt is a member in good standing with the American Fair Credit Counsel . In order to be a member of AFCC, a company has to follow a stringent set of requirements, disclosures as well as maintain them through continual review.
How much does CuraDebt charge?
|Upfront Payment||Lump Sum||Monthly Fee|
|No||16%-20% of what you save||No|
Does Curadebt have requirements for their services?
Must be an American citizen or permanent resident
Must have at least $10,000 in total unsecured debt
side note: Many other sites will say $7,500 but that’s because they haven’t actually called them to find out. They won’t talk to you on the phone unless you have a minimum of $10,000 in unsecured debt
Can afford to make a minimum $250 per month payment to the special savings account but remember that’s in lieu of payments currently being made to creditors.
Debts serviced by Curadebt
Curadebt primarily (but not entirely) focuses on unsecured debts such as:
Collections & Repossessions
Certain Secured Debts*
IRS Debt, Back Taxes, and Some state taxes*
*They can help with these things in certain cases. Get this special phone number to get directly to a human and see if yours is one of them.
Debts not serviced by Curadebt
Government Loans (other than some student loans)
Mortgage or Home Loans
Other secured debts
*They can help with some lawsuits depending upon your case. Please check to see if yours is one of them
Yes Curadebt helps with taxes!
The one thing I really really liked about Curadebt is that they can also help consumers with tax debt. Most debt relief companies steer clear of uncle sam. Curadebt has tax professionals that can assist you in a few ways.
- Offer in compromise-Just what it sounds it like an offer in compromise. This is basically a debt settlement where the IRS agrees to accept less than what you owe. This is tough to get so it is probably best to have a professional (either curadebt or an attorney if you can afford one) do this for you.
- Help you set up installment agreements (although you can do this yourself) your curadebt counselor will set up an installment agreement with the IRS or State agency so you can make affordably payments until your tax debt is repaid.
- Penalty abatement-This is where the IRS agrees to reverse or ‘abate’ penalties that have been tacked on to your debt in exchange for payment in full. This is also available on an installment agreement.
- Currently non-collectible-This is where if a tax payer can prove extreme economic or personal hardship the IRS agrees to lay off on the collections proceedings
- Collection Statute Expiration Date-This is the government’s statue of limitations which are basically a set of laws stating how long the government has to try to collect the debt. Most of the time its 10 years. After that they legally can’t go after you for the debt anymore even if you do owe it!
- Tax Lien Subordination-This is where the government will put a lien on your property or some other asset to recover the money owed.
- Custom Solutions-There may be custom solutions depending upon your individual situation. For custom solutions you can call 866-442-2390 to get a Free Tax Debt Relief Consultation from CuraDebt for $10,000 or more of tax debt. They are available Monday to Friday from 9 am to 8 pm Eastern Standard Time
How does debt settlement work?
The debt settlement process is relatively simple. With Curadebt the debtor (you) will have to deposit a certain amount that you and the company agree to in a special account. Once your balance reaches a certain level they will begin contacting your creditors and offer a lump sum settlement.
The reason most creditors accept is because they would rather get a portion of their money back instead of taking a charge off. The process usually takes anywhere from 24-48 months.
During that time they are supposed to help you send cease and desist letters to the debt collectors so they stop harassing you.
Can’t I do that myself?
Yes you can. The difference is hopefully you’ll only have to do this once in your life where as your creditors do this on a daily basis. Who do you think has the advantage?
With a debt settlement company that specializes in this sort of thing you’re likely to get a more favorable result. i.e. more debt forgiven!
Pros & Cons
What I like most about Curadebt
Curadebt is a solid company dedicated to helping consumers and small businesses get out of the crushing burden of debt.
What I don’t like about Curadebt
Special deal for you
Use this link to avoid paying any consultation fee.